Balsamic Tomato and Basil Salad

I know it's not summer anymore, but I have to share one of my favorite tomato dishes that I think is yummy any time of the year. 

It's been 2 months now that we've been doing a food challenge where we stay away from sugar and processed foods. A couple weeks into the challenge my friend shared this tomato recipe and I'm loving it! Seriously, I eat it all the time!!

 It's a great side dish to any meal or just to snack on during the day. It only takes minutes to put together and has a wonderful fresh flavor.


Balsamic Tomato and Basil Salad

1 large package of cherry or grape tomatoes
Handful of fresh basil
Olive oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Sea Salt

Slice the tomatoes in half and put in a bowl. Finely chop the basil and add to bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Add sea salt to taste.



Photobucket 


I Heart Nap Time
Positively Splendid
Craft O Maniac
Sugar Bee Crafts
Today's Creative Blog
The Winthrop Chronicles
Lil' Luna
Semi Homemade Mom
Southern Lovely


8 comments:

  1. So simple yet so yummy I am sure. I am pinning. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love fresh basil! This looks simple and refreshing, can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks tasty! Found you via the Winthrop Chronicles. I have a Healthy Tuesday Hop going on if you'd care to share there. :) ahumblebumble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious! I love fresh herbs. I will pin this to try later.

    Thanks,
    Michele @ Better Organized Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made that and love it! It's especially great during garden season when I can get fresh tomatoes and fresh basil a few feet from my back door. Beautiful photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really good! I love basil and tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there. Food on Friday: Tomatoes is open for entries. This looks like a neat one! I do hope you link it in. This is the link . Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one!