Healthy Red, White and Blueberry Popsicles


We love summer, especially for the popsicles. There's nothing quite like eating a cold popsicle when it's hot outside. My kids love to make kool-aid popsicles or use any kind of juice that we might have. Don't get me wrong, those popsicles are delicious but they also have lots of sugar in them too.


 I decided to try to make a healthier version of popsicle that we could all enjoy. These yummy cold treats are great because they are made with real fruit, yogurt and are sweetened with honey instead of sugar, so you can feel good about having one. Most importantly, the kids give them 2 thumbs up!!



Red, White and Blueberry Popsicles
makes six 4 oz. popsicles
1 3/4 cup blueberries
1 cup strawberries, stems removed
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup (or more) honey

Rinse the blueberries and strawberries, then thoroughly puree each fruit separately. Stir 2 tablespoons of honey into the blueberries and 1 tablespoon into the strawberries. Spoon 1 cup yogurt into a bowl and add 1 tablespoon honey.

To make popsicles, spoon blueberry mixture into the bottom of your molds. Then add a layer of yogurt. Add a layer of strawberries. Freeze for several hours or overnight.

Adapted from Babble.com

16 comments:

  1. These look so good and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look yummy. Also wanted to let you know you're a featured blogger on Weekend Blog Walk! :)

    Jessica @ At Home Take 2
    http://www.athometake2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I like the lollypops and will probably give it a try since my kids have been asking me for frozen lollies every day. It looks healthy and refreshing.
    I followed you from Home Take 2 and hope you can follow back.

    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look awesome. I'm looking for some new recipes to keep my kids busy this summer. Consider yourself "pinned"!

    Visiting from the Blog Hop. Don't miss out on TWO book giveaways (kids books) that I'm currently hosting. Have a fabulous weekend. Cheers, Renee

    http://motherdaughterbookreviews.com/category/giveaways/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! I found you from the Weekend Blog Walk. I am following you on facebook now.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummy! What a healthy and delicious way to cool off. I think I'll try these with my kiddies. Now following from the Weekend Blog walk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delectable! I am going to try these very soon..... I am your newest follower from the Weekend Blog Walk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these looks sooo good. My kids will love them!
    New follower from blog hop
    http://www.greatfamilyadventures.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bonnie,
    These look healthy and nice. Congratulations on your being featured at the weekend blog walk. Have a great weekend!
    Your new follower-
    http://www.ugochi-jolomi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look delicious! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look delicious and I love that they are healthy!

    New follower ~ http://birthofamom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUMMY, AND I love THAT THEY ARE HEALTHY TOO. Shared these on my COM FB page. winks, jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just became a follower of your site after finding you via Craft-O-Maniac.

    These look yummy, all I need now is for the British weather to stay warm and sunny for a few days so I can make them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I'm following you from the Mom's Monday Mingle blog hop! Look forward to reading more! I would appreciate the follow back! Thanks! -Kat

    http://mom-uncensored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. YUM! I can't wait to try this recipe. My kids go through so many frozen treats in the summer. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one!