Patriotic Burlap Bunting


This summer is flying by so fast! We've been keeping busy with vacations, youth activities, swimming lessons and basketball tournaments. I'm loving all the fun things we're doing but not loving how fast the time is going. Can you believe the 4th of July is next week?  
We've been so preoccupied with things that I haven't done much to prepare for the holiday until yesterday when I decided to make this simple patriotic bunting for the mantel. It was easy and didn't take much time at all.

To make the bunting, I took a roll of burlap and cut 6-7" X 9" pennant shapes. Then I googled star templates and printed and cut out the of size star I wanted on cardstock. Taped it to the burlap and painted inside the star shape with white paint and a foam pouncer. You only need to use a little bit of paint on the pouncer, this way it doesn't soak through the burlap and dries quickly too.



Then I took some ribbon and hot glued it across the top and used fray check on the ends of the ribbon.

To hang the pennants from a small rope, I used mini clothes pins. To make the pins more festive, I used washi tape to decorate the tops and bottoms.

I also used some red, white and blue ribbon to tie between the pennants and hung it from the mantel. Nothing like a last minute project but I love how it turned out!


Photobucket


8 comments:

  1. Hey, that's really cute! And smart! My kids might like that one. Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cute and I love the tutorial! :) Found you through the @ Home Take 2 blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi these turned out really well and it looked easy and recyclable. Thanks for posting and have been following you for some time. Have a great weekend.
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! It could easily be adapted to suit any holiday depending on the ribbon and stencil that you use. I love the little clothespins. I had a bunch and then I used them up. Now I can remember where I bought them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute! I love the washi tape on the clothespins...nice touch. I found your blog through the Moms Mingle hop and am a new follower :)

    Shasta @InTheOldRoad

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful and so perfect for summer! Feel free to stop by my blog anytime- I host a weekly link party called "This Week the Trend" that I'd love for you to join and I'm currently offering free ad space! I hope you have a great week!

    Veralynn
    joiedeveralynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is cute! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one!