We always have bananas around and when they get too ripe, I'm looking for a fun recipe to use them in. I found this recipe for banana crumb muffins and just changed it up bit. I love chocolate chips in anything that has to do with bananas. I also added some cinnamon and nutmeg. Super easy to make and they go great with any breakfast or just eat as a snack.
Banana Crumb Muffins
Adapted from allrecipes
1 1/2 all-purpose flour (I used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup all-purpose)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 large bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease muffin pan or line with muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cup flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
4. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
5. Bake in preheated over for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.