I Spy Pouch

I've seen a few different versions of these I Spy bags floating around and thought how fun it would be to make some for the kids to have while we're waiting at the dentist office, karate lessons, older kids sports events, church.....  you get the picture right?

These are so simple to put together. Here is what you need for this project:

Binder pouch-Walmart for .97 cents
Plastic Pellets-Hobby Lobby-in the doll making section for $3.99/bag
30 or more small objects-you can find a lot in your kids junk drawers:)
Hot glue gun
Ribbon-optional


After collecting all of the small objects, I laid them out onto a piece of white paper and took a picture so I could print this out as a picture key of what to find.

Fill the pouch with all your small goodies and pellets. One bag of these pellets will almost fill two pouches.
Zip up the pouch and put hot glue along the whole zipper so it can't be opened.

Along with putting glue onto the zipper, I took some ribbon and glued it over the zipper so you couldn't see the zipper anymore.

Print out your picture of the objects and laminate for durability. I also made a written list and placed it on the back before laminating. Use a binder ring to attach to pouch.
Photobucket


8 comments:

  1. Using a zipper pouch is genius! I will have to make some of these for our looooong drive from Arizona to New York!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. We travel from arizona to new york often also.

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute idea and I also love that it's a zipper pouch! I'm pinning this for when my daughter gets a little older. I would love for you to link it up to my link party. I know my readers would love it too!
    http://weliketolearnaswego.blogspot.com/2012/05/what-i-learned-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! My youngest loves I Spy books, I bet he'd really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great, DIY idea for car trips! Thanks for linking up to Piece of Cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea! Jam so glad that you shared this with us this week!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up to my link party! I'm featuring you tomorrow on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! Thanks for linking up to last weeks party! I have another one up and running today. Looking forward to seeing what you have to share.

    http://lovingthiscrazylife-melissa.blogspot.com/2012/05/welcome-to-katie-from-quality-cheap.html

    Hope you're having a great week!

    XO, Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one!