This lamp has been sitting in a closet for years now just waiting for someone to take pity on it and make it useful again. Today is that day! It used to be in our oldest daughters room but now I'm revamping it to match our youngest sons bedroom.The first thing that needed to be changed was that lovely pink stripe.
So I taped around the pink stripe and painted it orange. While that was drying I got started on stenciling the lamp shade.
I found these cardboard animal stencils at Micheals a while back and chose four animals that would match the decor in the baby's bedroom.
Taped them onto the shade so they were evenly spaced.
Then used a foam pouncer to apply the paint inside the stencil.
Then when they all dried, (I was a little inpatient so I used a hair dryer to speed up the drying process) I pulled off the tape and stencils.
All finished! It matches great with his bedding and canvas wall art I painted a couple weeks ago!