Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have a weakness, a horrible but good weakness! Yep, I sure do and I'm not afraid to tell you all that I will probably always have this problem, I'm in love with cookies!! In fact during my pregnancy last year I consumed a lot of delicious home baked cookies. Gained a few pounds from it but I'm pretty sure it's the reason why my baby is so sweet! 


These chocolate chip cookies are some of my favorites. They almost have a toffee like taste to them and have rice crispy cereal in them to give an extra crunchiness.  


Beat butter with sugars. Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla. Beat in dry ingredients.


Fold in oats, cereal and chocolate chips



Your ready to bake or at my house most of the dough is consumed before baking.


Yummy, Yummy!





Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 whole eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional, but I love the added flavor it gives)
2 cups quick oats
1 cup crispy rice cereal
1-1/4 cup milk chocolate chips (or the whole bag, like I do)

Beat butter with sugars. Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla. Beat in flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Fold in oats, cereal and chocolate chips.

Drop by 1-2 tablespoons onto parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Enjoy!

Linked to these parties:
The Creative Paige
Sassy Sites
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious - I've never seen a cookie with crispy rice in it - I bet they're awesome. Thanks for stopping by the Creative Genius Link Party @ the Creative Paige!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Art has been pestering me to get this recipe from you! You shared a plate of these and Art adored them. :) He will be thrilled if I whip up a batch for him. Hope they turn out half as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one!